Healing Through Deep Relaxation
If you just allow your body and mind to rest, the healing with come by itself. Thich Nhat Hanh
When youre happy, relaxed, and free of stress, the body can accomplish amazing, even miraculous, feats of self-repair. Lissa Rankin
Learning how to rest is a very important practice and everyone should learn how to do it. Thich Nhat Hanh
When you breath in and out mindfully, and when you enjoy your in-breath and out-breath, you can stop the turbulence in your mind, you can stop the unrest in your body, you are able to rest. And that is the basic condition for healing. Thich Nhat Hanh
The practice of deep total relaxation is based on these 4 exercises become aware of your in-breath and out-breath, follow your breath all the way through, become aware of your whole body, allow your body to relax. This is the practice of healing in the body. Thich Nhat Hanh
Healing Quotes That Bring Peace And Comfort
Healing is defined as making or becoming sound or healthy again to restore to original purity in mind, soul, and body. Dealing with uncomfortable emotions is never easy. But no matter what challenges and struggles you find yourself in, your power to overcome them is the measurement of your strength. Keep in mind that healing is a journey that takes time, and we should never be ashamed of it, and you walk that path in your own way.
Weve collected the most comforting and uplifting healing quotes for the ultimate inspiration to help the recovery process. Read through this assortment of inspirational healing quotes and begin to mend and rebuild your life. Spiritual healing quotes will lift your head and fill your heart and serve as a catalyst to the next life stage.
Helpful And Comforting Healing Quotes
41. When you really listen to yourself, you can heal yourself. Ceanne Derohan
42. For me, singing sad songs often has a way of healing a situation. It gets the hurt out in the open into the light, out of the darkness. Reba McEntireIf youre enjoying these quotes, youll love our collection of dark quotes that will motivate you to keep going and encourage you that things will be OK.
43. Tears are Gods gift to us. Our holy water. They heal us as they flow. Rita Schiano
44. All healing is first a healing of the heart. Carl Townsend
45. Time doesnt heal emotional pain, you need to learn how to let go. Roy T. Bennett
46. When I stand before thee at the days end, thou shalt see my scars and know that I had my wounds and also my healing. Rabindranath Tagore
47. The greatest healing would be to wake up from what we are not. Mooji
48. Healing is the application of love. Iyanla Vanzant
49. Once you start laughing, you start healing. Sherry Argov
50. Love is the most important healing power there is. Louise Hay
If youre enjoying this article, you might also like these mental health quotes for happiness and success.
Read Also: Healing In The Bible Scriptures
Healing Through Self Awareness
If there is a single definition of healing it is to enter with mercy and awareness those pains, mental and physical, from which we have withdrawn in judgment and dismay. Stephen Levine
Emotional pain cannot kill you, but running from it can. Allow. Embrace. Let yourself feel. Let yourself heal. Vironika Tugaleva
Belief is the wound that knowledge heals. Ursula K. Le Guin
Simply touching a difficult memory with some slight willingness to heal begins to soften the holding and tension around it. Stephen Levine
When you touch deep understanding and love, you are healed. Thich Nhat Hanh
Inspirational Quotes For Strength
Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle. Napoleon Hill
We do not have to become heroes overnight. Just a step at a time, meeting each thing that comes up, seeing it is not as dreadful as it appeared, discovering we have the strength to stare it down. Eleanor Roosevelt
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger
You May Like: Poems About Grief And Healing
Other Quotes On Healing
A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22
If you worry, you prevent the healing, you need to have deep trust in nature, in your body. Thich Nhat Hanh
Your body has the capacity of self healing. what you have to do is allow it, to authorize it to heal. -Thich Nhat Hanh
What happens when people open their hearts? They get better. Haruki Murakami
The soul is healed by being with children. Fyodor Dostoevsky
As my sufferings mounted I soon realized that there were two ways in which I could respond to my situation either to react with bitterness or seek to transform the suffering into a creative force. I decided to follow the latter course. Martin Luther King Jr.
You have the power to heal your life, and you need to know that. We think so often that we are helpless, but were not. We always have the power of our minds. Claim and consciously use your power. Louise L. Hay
Only people who are capable of loving strongly can also suffer great sorrow, but this same necessity of loving serves to counteract their grief and heals them. Leo Tolstoy
Dont ever discount the wonder of your tears. They can be healing waters and a stream of joy. Sometimes they are the best words the heart can speak. William P. Young
What drains your spirit drains your body. What fuels your spirit fuels your body. Carolyn Myss
Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body. Proverbs 16:24
Healing Quotes From The Bible
But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds, declares the LORD Jeremiah 30:17
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7
He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed. 1 Peter 2:24
When Jesus came down from the mountainside, large crowds followed him. A man with leprosy came and knelt before him and said, Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean. Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. I am willing, he said. Be clean! Immediately he was cleansed of his leprosy. Matthew 8:1-3
Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Proverbs 16:24
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26
Peace I leave with you my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27
Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed save me, and I shall be saved, for you are my praise. Jeremiah 17:14
Worship the LORD your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you Exodus 23:25
Don’t Miss: Meniscus Heal On Its Own
Quotes About Healing From Pain And Trauma
1.Trauma is personal. It does not disappear if it is not validated. When it is ignored or invalidated the silent screams continue internally heard only by the one held captive. When someone enters the pain and hears the screams, healing can begin. Danielle Bernock
2.Pain is a pesky part of being human, Ive learned it feels like a stab wound to the heart, something I wish we could all do without, in our lives here. Pain is a sudden hurt that cant be escaped. But then I have also learned that because of pain, I can feel the beauty, tenderness, and freedom of healing. Pain feels like a fast stab wound to the heart. But then healing feels like the wind against your face when you are spreading your wings and flying through the air! We may not have wings growing out of our backs, but healing is the closest thing that will give us that wind against our faces. C. JoyBell C.
3.I am everything the darkness could not kill. John Mark Green
4. Dont judge yourself by what others did to you. C. Kennedy
5.Youve mastered survival mode. Now its time to live. Unknown
6.Trauma creates change you dont choose. Healing is about creating change you do choose. Michelle Rosenthal
7.You can recognize survivors of abuse by their courage. When silence is so very inviting, they step forward and share their truth so others know they arent alone. Jeanne McElvaney
8.Your trauma is not your fault, but healing is your responsibility. Unknown
the fire around me. Joshua Graham
Healing Quotes That Will Encourage And Give You Comfort
Emotional healing takes time and patience. Here are 30 healing quotes that will encourage and give you comfort.
Life happens to everyone. We all experience emotional pain at some point and well need to find the time and ways to heal ourselves.
No matter how cautious we are in planning our lives or in choosing the ones we spend more time with, pain is inevitable. Whenever life hits you, you need to remind yourself that you have the power to overcome any struggle. Just be patient and understand that certain wounds need more time to heal than others.
Emotional strength is not something were born with, but something we build while dealing with different life events. Whatever you are going through right now, know that it wont last forever and that it eventually will make you stronger. Going through hardships builds resilience and some of the following healing quotes are proof of that.
If you dont already know what calms and soothes your mind and soul, take some time to find out and do that thing as often as possible. In the meantime
Also Check: Scripture About Healing The Sick
Healing Quotes For The Soul
Life is challenging. You often get wounded one way or another. When you are facing a problem or dealing with a painful situation, it can be hard to heal. Begin to mend your soul by getting lost in a few inspirational sayings.
- When the heart starts healing, the soul quickly follows.
- The cracks of a soul mend. The scars are proof of the journey.
- Allow calm to fill your mind to find happiness and healing once more.
- The hurting soothes as the soul begins to heal.
- Healing doesn’t mean the storm in your soul has stopped. It means you learned to ride it.
- The beautiful music of healing is found in every soul.
- Healing isn’t the absence of pain it’s allowing the soul to accept it.
- Every soul fills with rays of peace as it begins to slow the path to healing.
- Healing of the soul is not measured by time, it’s measured in joy and peace.
- The ability of the soul to heal is a beautiful treasure.
Letting Go Quotes To Walk Away
When you take your blindfold off, youll see the light.
We repeat what we dont repair.
Sometimes you need to stop seeing the good in people and start seeing what they show you.
It took letting go to realize that I was holding onto nothing.
I walked away because you were too busy finding faults in me and I was busy overlooking yours.
Love is worth fighting for, but not if you are the only one fighting.
Let it hurt. Then let it go. r.h.sin
Sometimes you need to forget how you feel and think of what you deserve.
Whoever loves you will not make you feel unlovable.
In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you. Buddha
No reason to stay is a good reason to go.
Dont let the heart that didnt love you keep you away from the one that will.
You are not a rehabilitation center for badly raised men. It is not your job to fix him, change him, parent him. You want a partner, not a project.
Forgive others not because they deserve forgiveness but because you deserve peace. Jonathan Lockwood Huie
Recommended Reading: How To Heal Diastasis Recti
Healing Quotes To Leave And Recover From Toxic Relationships
Being in a toxic relationship is a lot like walking on the tightrope 6 feet high up the ground. Any second, you can slip and fall.
Getting out of an abusive relationship is like walking backward on the same tightrope. It wont not easy, and the healing wont be linear. But you are on the way finding yourself back.
So here is a list of healing quotes to strengthen your faith walking out of a toxic relationship. Trust the process. You will get there.
More Healing Quotes That Will Help You Recover Faster
53. One of the most healing things you can do is recognize where in your life you are your own poison. Steve Maraboli
54. We dont heal in isolation but in community. S. Kelley Harrell
55. A clear mind heals everything that needs to be healed. Byron Katie
56. We do not heal the past by dwelling there we heal the past by living fully in the present. Marianne Williamson
57. Instead of saying, Im damaged, Im broken, I have trust issues, say Im healing, Im rediscovering myself, Im starting over. Horacio Jones
58. Attention to the human body brings healing and regeneration. Through awareness of the body we remember who we really are. Jack Kornfield
59. Our sorrows and wounds are healed only when we touch them with compassion. Buddha
60. Ultimately, there can be no complete healing until we have restored our primal trust in life. Georg Feuerstein
Also Check: His Stripes We Are Healed
Quotes About Self Healing
7. One of the most healing things you can do is recognize where in your life you are your own poison Steve Maraboli
8. We do not heal the past by dwelling there we heal the past by living fully in the present Marianne Williamson via 13 Things Mentally Strong People Dont Do
9. Dont struggle to heal your wounds. Just pour time into your heart and wait. When your wounds are ready, they will heal on their own Haemin Sunim The Things You Can See Only When You Slow Down
10. Healing isnt about overcoming the pain its living despite it Hannah Blum
11. When you cant remember why youre hurt, thats when youre healed Jane Fonda
12. Healing is embracing what is most feared healing is opening what has been closed, softening what has hardened into obstruction, healing is learning to trust life Jeanne Achterberg
Words Of Encouragement And Strength
Someone I once loved gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift. Mary Oliver
Courage isnt having the strength to go on, it is going on when you dont have the strength. Napoleon Bonaparte
Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. Ralph Waldo Emerson
Kites rise highest against the wind not with it. Winston Churchill
Dont wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great. Weak men wait for opportunities strong men make them. Orison Swett Marden
Related: Inspirational Quotes About Serving Others
Don’t Miss: Can Carpal Tunnel Heal On Its Own
Profound Quotes On The Healing Power Of Nature
There is something magical about being in nature. You cannot put it in words, but you feel it deep within it touches your spirit. Just a few minutes of being in nature makes us feel healed and restored. Nature gives us strength, drains away all negative energy and fills us to the brim with positive energy.
It is little to no wonder that since ages, thousands of cultures and enlightened masters have always encouraged this connection with nature. Buddha for instance left his palace at a very young age to seek liberation in the woods. He even advised his disciples to meditate in the jungle to reach higher states of consciousness.
Healing Quotes To Be Patient
Healing doesnt mean the damage never existed. It means it no longer controls us.
You cannot heal in the same place where you got sick.
You are a wolf. No need to howl over the loss of weak men incapable of accepting you. r.h.sin
If you are going through hell, keep going. Why would you stop in hell? Steve Harvey
When you tell your story and it doesnt make you cry, thats when you know youve healed.
Sometimes the person you want most is the one youll be better without.
Sometimes you have to be done. Not mad. Not upset. Just done.
Sometimes being alone in life is better than being surrounded by half-ass people.
You May Like: Books On Self Love And Healing