Nevertheless I Will Bring Health And Healing To It I Will Heal My People And Will Let Them Enjoy Abundant Peace And Security Jeremiah 3: 6 Niv
In the midst of darkness, death, and despair, the love of God is like a guiding light, leading His people to safety. This is the spirit and message of Jeremiah 33:6. The prophet received a vision from God foretelling the death, destruction, and devastation that would fall on the city.
It was pretty bloody. Bodies would fill the streets, buildings would be torn down, and palaces would be overrun. In contrast, Jeremiah receives the promise of health and healing for Gods people despite the death and decay all around them.
It can be easy to expect that sickness should not befall believers. It can be tempting to believe that the hand of God will prevent every illness from ever reaching our bodies. He can, and in many cases, he does, but God does not just promise protection He promises healing as well. To be healed, you must first be afflicted. It is important to remember this, as the enemy will try to convince us that the presence of sickness is always the result of the absence of God.
This is not true. Remembering the promises of God in our moments of sickness and weakness can give us the strength to wait on Him. It is Gods desire that we live in the peace and security that comes from trusting in Him. The devil will try to rob you of your peace and smear your sense of security. Trust God anyway. Cling to this verse and open our hearts to receive your healing from God.
Scriptures On The Mind And Thoughts
The renewal of our mind isnt based on how we feel or fear or love and hate. This spirit-led renewal of the mind is ongoing. As we grow in Christ, our perspective and thought patterns are changed. This renewal of the mind pushes us to ask What does God say on this?. It is what pushes us to take every thought captive and measure it against his purpose.
- And do not be conformed to this world , but be transformed and progressively changed by the renewing of your mind , so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect . Romans 12:2 AMP
- We use our powerful God-tools for smashing warped philosophies, tearing down barriers erected against the truth of God, fitting every loose thought and emotion and impulse into the structure of life shaped by Christ. Our tools are ready at hand for clearing the ground of every obstruction and building lives of obedience into maturity. 2 Corinthians 10:5-6 MSG
These scriptures about the mind literally tell us to take captive our thoughts! What we think controls the health of our minds.
- For as he thinks in his heart, so is he. Proverbs 23:7 NKJV
- Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirableif anything is excellent or praiseworthythink about such things. Philippians 4:8 NIV
Bible Verses About Healing
21. “But for you who fear My name, the sun of righteousness shall rise with healing in its wings. You shall go out leaping like calves from the stall.” Malachi 4:2
22. “Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness.” Matthew 9:35
23. “And the people all tried to touch him, because power was coming from him and healing them all.” Luke 6:19
Related: 25 Christmas Prayers and Blessings
24. “The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his names sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” Psalm 23:1-4
25. “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes fear the LORD and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.” Proverbs 3:5-8
26. “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
Don’t Miss: Healing Crystals And Stones Meanings
Biblical Definition Of The Mind
The Bible references the mind as the place where we originate our thoughts, where we perceive events and create our worldview, as well as where we make decisions and express ourselves. Often, the use of heart is used interchangeably with mind. This is because the mind is also seen as the place we house our disposition and inner compass, allowing understanding and discernment.
A Prayer For Personal Healing
Father, thank You for Your Word that You have made abundantly clear that You want me to prosper and live in good health. Lord, as Your covenant child no sickness will befall or overtake me. Jesus has redeemed me from the curse of the law. He has destroyed every curse from my life. Your Word is clear, I confess it, believe it, and receive it with faith. I am blessed! Sickness has no right to reign in my life. In Jesus name, I am free! Amen
Don’t Miss: Louise Hay You Can Heal Your Body
Get Weekly Devotionals Straight To Your Inbox
Sign up for Testimonio – over 50,000 monthly readers growing in faith
The Bible has powerful verses about healing from sickness. Have you experienced miraculous emotional and physical healing in your life? During Jesus Christ’s life, He traveled to heal the sick. He was healing every disease He came across. His fame grew so large that people followed Him throughout the lands. He came proclaiming the good news of the kingdom and healing various diseases.
Disease and sickness are constant in the world. No matter where we look, it seems like there are pain and suffering. But God heals all your diseases. He heals up the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. Pay attention to the healing Scriptures and praise the Lord for His goodness. Ask the Holy Spirit to fill your heart and bring health and peace to your day.
If you seek God’s healing, say a prayer of faith and know that the Lord will raise you. The Word of God is filled with verses about healing. Jesus brought us peace and for our transgressions. He brings His Kingdom and healing and saves your life from the pit. We hope that these encouraging Bible verses about healing bring you confidence in God’s magnificent grace and mercy for us. Let these Scriptures on healing bring peace to your heart today.
Taking The Gospel Of Yeshua Hamashiach Into All The Nations
The One New Man Network acts as a voice to the Nations, walking out the instructions of Mark 16:15, Go into all the world and preach and publish openly the good news to every creature. With the vision to preach and to publish openly the good news, The One New Man Network brings a message of salvation that can be heard throughout the Nations of the World!
Also Check: Fruits That Heal Nerve Damage
And The People All Tried To Touch Him Because Power Was Coming From Him And Healing Them All Luke : 19 Niv
Luke gives his account of the sermon on the mount in chapter 6 of his Gospel. It was not uncommon for Jesus to be surrounded by large crowds, especially when He was giving teaching sessions. Wherever Jesus is, the power of healing is also present. The people in Capernaum and surrounding cities had learned this and were determined to be in his presence at all times.
This is still true of Jesus today. Wherever He is, the power of healing is also present. Like the multitudes, we should live in the posture of trying to touch Him.
We should reach out to heaven in prayer, study, reflection, and our daily lives. If we want to be healed, we have to go where the healing is happening. We have to go to God and present our cases to Him. He is willing and able to save us as only He can.
Verses On The Human Spirit Vs Holy Spirit
The Holy Spirit aligns our human spirit with God, making us recognizable as one of his children! This spiritual connection is the notary stamp on our adoption papers!
- But he who is joined to the Lord becomes one spirit with him. 1 Corinthians 6:17 ESV
- For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are Gods children. Now if we are children, then we are heirsheirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory. Romans 8:14-17 NIV
And even when our human spirit forgets or gets distracted, our friend the Holy Spirit advocates for us and reminds us of what we have already learned about our Father.
But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. John 14:26 NIV
Whereas our human spirits can be dinged by hurt, tempted to lash out, be built up, be pure or evil, the Holy Spirit remains steady and true. It reminds us of who we are in Christ and kindles our battle cry!
Also Check: How To Heal Pulled Back Muscle
Biblical Definition Of The Body
Genesis tells us that God created and completed our environment with great detail and purpose. He then created us, both male and female in his image, and completed us by breathing his own life into us. He then took stock of his work and saw that it was good. Our humanity was not offensive to God and he set us above all other living things to foster growth. Our bodies are the vessel in which we mirror God to those hes placed around us while remembering they are also created in his image!
We Are Redeemed From The Curse Of The Law
In Galatians chapter 3 we see that through Christ we have been redeemed from the curse of the Law as recorded in Galatians 3:14-15 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: 14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
As you have read Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the Law. And according to Deuteronomy 28 from verse fifteen, sickness is a part of the curse of the Law.
Moreover, in Deuteronomy 28:61, it states that every sickness But notice that according to these scriptures, specifically Deuteronomy 28:61, states that EVERY SICKNESS, and EVERY PLAGUE, which is not written in the book of this law, them will the Lord bring upon thee until thou be destroyed.
This means that whatever sickness you are batting with is a curse of the Law and Galatians 3:13-15 says you have been redeemed from the curse of the Law through Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.
You can use the Galatians chapter 3 as proof and a witness to confess and claim your healing today.
Read Also: How To Heal Generational Trauma
Healing Scriptures To Pray And Declare
When we are in need of healing, God is the best place to turn, both for answers and for the manifestation of our healing. Yet, while we know we ought to turn to God in every situation, we do not always know how.
Certainly, conversing with God, worshiping, and praying in the Spirit are great and useful options However, another effective tool we can employ involves praying and standing on Scripture!
Here are 9 Healing Scriptures to pray and declare remember, there are many, many more healing Scriptures that you can explore too:
And Jesus said to him, I will come and heal him.
Dont Be Afraid Just Believe And She Will Be Healed Luke : 50 Niv
In this passage, Jesus is addressing Jairus, a concerned father who has just been told that his daughter has died. In this moment of grief, preceded by an exercise of enormous faith, Jesus reaches out to him directly. This story is a beautiful reminder to all of us
Jairus approached Jesus to heal his daughter out of faith. He believed in his heart that Jesus could save His little girl, and he was not wrong to do so. But at the peak of his faith expression, he is met with the worst possible news. Not was the news heart-breaking it was the exact opposite of what he had been clinging on to in faith.
Havent we all been there? Havent we all had moments when it felt like our prayers were not being answered? We pray for healing, but the sickness seems to get worse. We as for a breakthrough, but it feels like our situation is now dead. Jesus is speaking to all of us the same way he spoke to Jairus in Luke 8:50. He encourages us not to be afraid. Even when having faith stops making sense. He tells us to just believe, and we will be healed.
Also Check: How To Heal Broken Heart And Move On
Prayers For Healing Sickness
It can be difficult to know what to say or how to pray when were in pain or feeling discouraged. Here are a few prayers you can keep with you and whisper in your heart to gain victory over illness in Jesus name.
11. Heavenly Father, thank you for your love and faithfulness towards me. Thank you for loving me despite all I have done. I claim your promises today that if I humble myself, pray and seek your face, you will hear from heaven and heal us. Father, I need a healing touch from you today. The pain is unbearable, and I am exhausted. I cannot do this by myself. I need you, Lord. Please deliver me. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen.
12. Father, in the name of Jesus, I turn my body over to you. Lord, you know the situation better than I do, even better than the doctors do. Strengthen my faith even when the doctors arent optimistic. I believe that you have the final say. I claim the healing and restoration that is promised to your children, in Jesus name, Amen.
13. Oh Lord, my God, you are worthy to be praised. You are my strength in weakness you are my rock, fortress, and deliverer. I need you now, Lord, to touch my aching body. I am having trouble going about my day because of this disease. I pray for your forgiveness and direction as I continue on. I believe that even now, you are preserving my soul. Thank you for your love and mercy that never fails, in Jesus name, Amen.
Healing Scriptures In The New Testament
Matthew 8:7And Jesus said to him, I will come and heal him.
Matthew 4:23-24And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease among the people. 24 Then His fame went throughout all Syria and they brought to Him all sick people who were afflicted with various diseases and torments, and those who were demon-possessed, epileptics, and paralytics and He healed them.
Matthew 8:5-8Now when Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to Him, pleading with Him, saying, Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, dreadfully tormented. And Jesus said to him, I will come and heal him. The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that You should come under my roof. But only speak a word, and my servant will be healed.
Matthew 8:17That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.
Matthew 9:21-22For she said to herself, If only I may touch His garment, I shall be made well. 22 But Jesus turned around, and when He saw her He said, Be of good cheer, daughter your faith has made you well. And the woman was made well from that hour.
Matthew 9:35Then Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.
Read Also: Life Healing Center Of Santa Fe